1. A close association and cooperation is required between the buyers and producers of forgings for achieving the best possible product at the best possible price.
2. With recent technological advancement in the forging industry, close collaboration and close working with the forger is required. By keeping knowledge about the recent developments, the buyer can ensure cost effectiveness with high quality products.
3. Forging involves a fair amount of artistry and customisation. Henceforth, it is very crucial to involve the forger into the designing and specification phases of product development.
4. The forging buyer should have a general know-how about the equipment and methods used in the forging process. Moreover, it is very important to confirm that the forger has the equipment and the facility to produce that part.
5. The buyer should have the Knowledge about the capability of the forger to provide services like heat treating, machining, testing, quality inspection, testing and so on.
6. The buyer should a general knowledge about the scale of his forger. The buyer can ensure that his forger is used to producing the volume required.
7. Last but not the least, the buyer should have the information about the background of the forging seller, its core values and its professional ethics.